Twitter

Friday, September 23, 2005

Housekeeping note: I've finally got around to posting Interrupting the Conversation: Trinidad's StudioFilmClub, the essay I wrote with my friend Leon Wainwright for the catalogue of the exhibition of Peter Doig's StudioFilmClub posters that ran from late April to July at the Museum Ludwig in Cologne and then moved in August to the Zurich Kunsthalle.

(I made it to Cologne for the opening of the show; flew in sleep-deprived just in time for the morning press conference; & that night after the formal ceremony--my friend Uta supplied a live translation of the speeches--there was a party in the lofty museum restaurant, with a DJ playing 70s Jamaican music, a motley crowd of wealthy patrons, curators, dealers, journalists, & art students, & next morning I found out we had collectively drunk 310 litres of koelsch, the local beer.)

No comments: